Know About the US Immigration Forms That You Can File Online

To make the form filing process easier, USCIS allows the customers to e-file some immigration forms. Though all the USCIS forms can be downloaded from the website, only few forms can be filed electronically. Hence, it is mandatory to know about the USCIS forms that can be filed online and the following USCIS forms can be e-filed.

Form I-90, Application to Replace Permanent Residence Card

This form is one of the most common USCIS forms as Form I-90 must be field by every Green Card holder who seeks to replace or renew his permanent resident card. Green Card holders who seek to replace their Green Cards or to renew those cards can electronically file this form. Similarly, Form I-90 can be filed online by the permanent residents who need to change the biographic information that is printed on their cards.

Form I-131, Application for Travel Document

People who are applying for advance parole documents, refugee travel documents and re-entry permits will have to file this USCIS form. This form can be e-filed by people who are applying for advance parole documents and people who have filed Form I-485. Similarly, people who have filed Form I-821, Application for Temporary Protected Status, may e-file Form I-131, to obtain travel documents.

Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization

Non-immigrants who are permitted to work in the United States, can file Form I-765, to obtain work permits to work lawfully in the United States. People who are applying for fee waivers cannot file this form online and refugees, paroled refugees, asylees, asylum applicants, citizens of Palau, Micronesia and Marshall Islands, foreign students, B-1 non-immigrants, spouses of E-1 or E-2 non-immigrants, spouses of L1 non-immigrants, K-1 or K2 visa holders and T Dependents, can file this form online. At the same time, undocumented immigrants who are filing Form I-765 along with their deferred action applications may not file this form online.

Form I-140, Immigrant Petition for Alien Worker

A US employer who seeks to sponsor a foreign worker for lawful status in America will have to file Form I-140 for the beneficiary. A US employer can file this form online, if the beneficiary is a researcher, professor, skilled worker or any other worker.

Form I-821, Application for Temporary Protected Status

Temporary Protected Status beneficiaries who are re-registering for Temporary Protected Status, can file this form online. They can file this form only if their countries are designated by the United States for re-registration purposes.

Form I-539, Application to Extend/Change Non-immigrant Status

You can e-file Form I-539, if you are an E-1 or E-2 Dependent, N8, P4, N9, R2, H4, O3, TD or L2, non immigrant. If your current non-immigrant status is A1, A2, A3, E1, E1 Dependent, H3, H4, Q1, E1, E1 Dependent, E2, E2 Dependent, L1, L2, R1, R2, NATO 1-7, TD, G1 – G5, N8, N9, TN1, TN2, H1B, H1C, O1 – O3, TPS A-12, P1 – P4, H2A or H2B, you may file Form I-539 online, to change your status to E-1 Dependent, E-2 Dependent, N8, P4, N9, R2, H4, O3 or TD.