Replace Arrival/Departure Records

The U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) issues arrival/departure records to the citizens of foreign countries, entering into the U.S. as non-immigrants. These documents are used to record the arrival and departure of non-immigrants. The CBP now issues electronically generated arrival/departure records with all the elements found on the paper forms. The agency issues paper forms only in limited circumstances. The CBP provides an admission stamp in the visitors’ travel documents. The stamp will show the date of admission and the date on which they should leave the U.S. CBP issues paper forms to certain categories of non-immigrants such as asylees or refugees.

Lost or mutilated arrival/departure records can be replaced. To get a paper Form I-94, that was issued upon admission to the U.S. or that was issued by the USCIS, replaced, Form I-102, Application for Replacement/Initial Non-immigrant Arrival-Departure Document, must be filed with the USCIS. Form I-102 can be filed by the non-immigrants in America who lose their arrival/departure records while in the country.

If Form I-94 contains incorrect information and if that is due to administrative errors, holders of those documents can visit local USCIS offices and request new forms with the right information. In this case, they need to provide evidence of the errors. If the officers in the local offices are not convinced that the forms were issued with incorrect information due to administrative errors, they will require the applicant to file Form I-102 with the right filing fee. They can then get new forms with the right information.

People whose arrival/departure records have been lost, stolen or destroyed must report the loss of their documents and apply for replacement by filing Form I-102. These forms must be filed with the correct filing fee of $330. Applicants need not pay the fee to request a correction to their Form I-94, if the errors were made by the USCIS or the CBP.