Nonimmigrant Visas in the P category (P-1, P-2, and P-3) are for artists, entertainers and athletes.
P-1 Visa: For individual or team athletes, or entertainers who are internationally recognized.
P-2 Visa: For artists or entertainers who are part of a reciprocal exchange program with a country other than the United States.
P-3 Visa: For artists or entertainers who are participating in a culturally unique program.
P Visa Process
While the application process differs slightly for P-1, P-2, and P-3 visas, all applicants must complete the same general process.
- Contact your local U.S. embassy or consulate to determine if you qualify for a P visa.
- Form I-129, Petition for a Nonimmigrant Worker, must be filed by the U.S. employer and approved by USCIS.
- Form DS-160, Online Nonimmigrant Visa Electronic Application, must be filed by the visa candidate. Include the receipt from the approved I-129 petition.
- Obtain one 2×2 photograph that meets the specifications of the State Department for a visa photograph.
- Attend a visa interview.
- Travel to a United States Port of Entry and undergo a final inspection by Customs and Border Patrol to gain entrance into the United States.