Prepare Your I-130 Online!

Complete your immigrant petition for a family-based green card (Form I-130) today! Our step-by-step system will assist you when filing your application with U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (formerly known as the INS).

Click below to start your I-130 application

Start Your Application
Immigrant Petition Form I-130 for Family-based Green Card
I-130 immigrant petition

U.S. immigrant petition Form I-130 is the application U.S. citizens or permanent residents file to sponsor their family members for permanent residency (a green card). To have an approved I-130, you must establish your relationship with each family member you sponsor.

If you are a U.S. citizen, you are eligible to file Form I-130 for your:

  • Spouse
  • Unmarried child (under the age of 21)
  • Unmarried son or daughter (21 or older)
  • Married son or daughter of any age
  • Brother or sister (if you are 21 or older)
  • Father or mother (if you are 21 or older)

If you are a U.S. permanent resident, you are eligible to file Form I-130 for your:

  • Spouse
  • Unmarried child (under the age of 21)
  • Unmarried son or daughter (21 or older)

Form I-130 must be filed regardless of whether or not the family member you are sponsoring is inside or outside the U.S. The processes that follow are different based on your family member's circumstances:

  • If your family member is already inside the U.S. and entered with a valid U.S. visa, then your family member may be able to file Form I-485, Application to Adjust Status, at the same time that you file Form I-130. This is called concurrent filing.
  • If your family member did not enter the U.S. with a valid U.S. visa or is currently living outside the U.S., upon approval of Form I-130, your family member will receive a notice in the mail to apply for an immigrant visa at a U.S. consulate abroad. This is called consular processing.

Our system will help you along the way to ensure that you are filing Form I-130 correctly and following the right process!

Share the page


How to File Your I-539 Form Online?

Form I-539, Application To Extend/Change Non-immigrant Status, is the USCIS form that must be filed by a non-immigrant who...

> Read more

Deferred Action has Changed the Lives of Undocumented Youth

There are around 2 million DREAMers in America and the DREAMers are the young undocumented immigrants who were smuggled into...

>Read more

American Immigration Weekly Recap - June 10th to 14th

Senate Republicans pushing for tougher border security. Senate Republican John Cornyn and Senator Rand Paul have both come up...

> Read more