Obama Immigration Form

Latest US Immigration Posts


Working in the United States

March 11th, 2014 @ 23:43

Not only are many foreigners are interested in working in the U.S., the U.S. also welcomes skilled foreign workers. However, foreigners need to obtain permission to work here. There are different employment categories and the requirements for each category are different. Non-immigrant Workers USCIS permits foreign workers to come to the U.S. on temporary non-immigrant […]

Applying for a Work Permit While Green Card Application is Pending

February 19th, 2014 @ 1:00

People whose applications for green cards are pending can work in the U.S. They can file Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization to get work permits when they file Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status. They can either file applications for employment authorization documents (EAD) while filing Form I-485 for adjustment […]


Sus derechos como ciudadano estadounidense

March 9th, 2015 @ 16:48

En el caso de muchas personas que llegan a EE. UU. y desean vivir en el país, la ciudadanía es el objetivo principal. Esto se debe en parte a que la ciudadanía estadounidense, ya sea obtenida por nacimiento o por naturalización, trae consigo muchos derechos y beneficios. Entre los beneficios se encuentran los siguientes: 1) El derecho a votar. […]

Tarjeta verde por empleo

March 6th, 2015 @ 16:47

Existen muchas maneras de obtener una tarjeta verde. Una de las formas más populares de obtener una tarjeta verde es a través de una oferta de trabajo por parte de un empleador de EE. UU. que esté dispuesto a patrocinarle a usted para que obtenga una tarjeta verde de modo que pueda trabajar legalmente en EE. UU. Para ser elegible, […]


American Immigration Weekly Recap – August 24th to 28th

August 31st, 2015 @ 1:39

Judge orders immediate release of immigrant children California district judge Dolly Gee has ordered the detention centers to immediately release immigrant children along with their mothers. Read more. Jindal and King support Trump’s immigration stance Indian-American Republican presidential nomination candidate Bobby Jindal says that birthright citizenship for undocumented immigrants must be ended. Similarly, Iowa Republican […]

American Immigration Weekly Recap – August 17th to 21st

August 24th, 2015 @ 3:11

Undocumented immigrants “have to go,” says Trump Donald Trump stated that all undocumented immigrants in the U.S. must leave the country. He told this during an interview on the NBC News show. He also stated that real immigration reform is something that puts the needs of America’s working people first. Read more. Walker claims similar […]

Green Card

Form I-90 Can Be Filed in USCIS ELIS

April 1st, 2015 @ 23:51

Green card holders have two options to file the green card renewal or replacement application, Form I-90, Application to Replace Permanent Resident Card. This form, which is available online, can be filed online or the paper form can be filed by mail as well. This application is now available in the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services Electronic […]

Green Card Lottery 2016 – Registration Period

September 2nd, 2014 @ 23:34

Diversity Immigrant Visa lottery (DV lottery) Program also known as the Green Card Lottery program is sponsored by the government of the U.S. This program allows eligible winners to immigrate to the U.S. and also to bring their eligible dependents along with them to the U.S. This program is not open to the citizens of […]

Immigration Amnesty

What does Temporary Protected Status Mean?

June 7th, 2013 @ 1:46

United States grants a special temporary immigration status to the citizens of certain foreign countries that have experienced major disruptions, known as Temporary Protected Status (TPS). Due to civil wars, natural disasters or other general threats, the government of the United States designates certain foreign countries for TPS. People who belong to such designated countries, […]

Can the DACA Recipients Travel Abroad Without Advance Parole?

March 1st, 2013 @ 1:15

After receiving deferred action status, an undocumented immigrant in the United States can remain in the country and work there for US employers legally. Similarly, certain American states have announced that they can also obtain driver’s licenses. The next question that comes to the minds of undocumented immigrants who receive deferred action status is, Can I legally […]


Hispanic Recipe of the Month – August 2015

August 27th, 2015 @ 3:24

Chorizo and Potato Quiche Chorizo and Potato Quiche is a super simple dish that is perfect for all occasions. These bites are packed with potatoes and chorizo. Ingredients: 2 teaspoons olive oil 2 peeled and diced russet potatoes ¼ cup chopped green onions 2/3 cup grated cheese 4 ounces Spanish chorizo sausage, diced 8 large […]

Hispanic Recipe of the Month – July 2015

July 10th, 2015 @ 2:41

Ceviche is a refreshing dish for hot summer days. This dish is usually served on Mexican beaches. Learn to prepare this traditional Mexican dish here! Ingredients: 1 pound jumbo shrimp 2 or 3 cups of fresh lemon juice 1 cup diced tomato 1 sliced cucumber 1 chopped green pepper 4 tablespoons of chopped parsley or […]


10 Best Places to Visit in the US

August 14th, 2014 @ 1:24

Maui, Hawaii: Maui, the second largest Hawaiian island that has more than 80 beaches, is a place to surf and windsurf. This island is famous for its airy resorts and pristine beaches. Kiteboarding, snorkelling and windsurfing are the most popular water activities of Maui. Maui remains a top destination for visitors and, as many locals […]

Things to Know About Advance Parole

May 13th, 2014 @ 23:44

People whose adjustment of status applications, Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status, are pending, generally use advance parole to travel abroad. Their I-485 applications will be denied if they depart the U.S. without obtaining advance parole, while their applications are pending, Form I-131, Application for Travel Document, is the USCIS […]


Memorial Day – A Time to Remember Our Fallen Soldiers

May 23rd, 2014 @ 2:18

Every year, Memorial Day is observed on the last Monday of May and this year it will be celebrated on May 26, 2014. Memorial Day is a time to remember all our fallen soldiers and our armed forces. Many festivities have been scheduled to celebrate and honor the men and women who have died for […]

DREAMers Prepare for Deferred Action Renewal

March 10th, 2014 @ 10:00

In the two years since President Obama created a temporary resident status for DREAMers, nearly 500,000 young people have been approved for this status, allowing them to live and work in the U.S. without fear of deportation. But for some, this status is about to expire. Obama created Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) to […]

US Citizenship

7 Great Posts on US Citizenship

October 30th, 2014 @ 0:52

Here are seven great posts on U.S. citizenship that will help our readers prepare for their citizenship. Top 10 Reasons to become a U.S. citizen U.S. citizenship status comes with a lot of benefits and privileges. A legal permanent resident will need to know why he or she needs to become a U.S. citizen and […]

When Can an Application for U.S. Citizenship be Denied?

October 23rd, 2014 @ 2:41

Legal permanent residents (green card holders) who have lived in the U.S. continuously for a five year period can apply for U.S. citizenship. Prior to filing their applications, they will need to make sure that they meet all the citizenship requirements and they possess good moral character. If they meet the requirements, they can file […]

US Immigration and Children

Bilateral Adoption Agreement Between US and Russia

October 22nd, 2012 @ 1:07

USCIS and the US Department of State, are working together to bring about an adoption process that would help the adoptive parents and children. The adoption process between America and Russia will be improved and this process will come into force in November. According to this new agreement, US parents who look forward to adopt […]

Automatic Citizenship for Undocumented Immigrants’ Children?

July 23rd, 2012 @ 20:41

In recent months, there has been increasing support for immigration reform for children of undocumented immigrants. Recently, President Obama created a new policy which ensures that qualified young children of undocumented immigrants will be safe from deportation and can even apply for legal work authorization. However, some legislators oppose policies which would offer status for […]

US Immigration Forms

USCIS Will Accept Only the Revised Form N-400 Beginning May 5, 2014

April 29th, 2014 @ 23:14

Beginning May 5, 2014, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) will only accept the revised version of Form N-400, Application for Naturalization. Legal permanent residents (green card holders) seeking to obtain U.S. citizenship need to file the current version of Form N-400 dated 9/13/2013, after the above mentioned date. Edition date of Form N-400 can […]

USCIS Implements Revised Form N-400

February 5th, 2014 @ 22:54

To apply for U.S. citizenship, Form N-400, Application for Naturalization must be filed with the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) by eligible green card holders. USCIS is looking to make the form filing process easier and that is the reason why they are revising immigration and naturalization forms. USCIS has now revised Form N-400. […]

US Immigration News

How Cuba’s New Exit Rule Affects the US

October 25th, 2012 @ 9:15

Cuban government has announced that the citizens of Cuba may not be required to obtain exit visas to travel abroad. According to the current law, Cuban nationals must obtain passports and visas to travel to a foreign country and along with that, they must also obtain exit permits from the Cuban immigration service. They may […]

The Importance of the Latino Vote

October 12th, 2012 @ 9:00

Many cities in the US are becoming more diverse as the Latino population grows. As a result, many experts claim, many areas that have been bastions for the Republican party are now mostly Democratic. This is very noticeable in areas such as Orange County, Santa Ana, and other parts of California. While Republicans have traditionally […]

US Immigration Process

Special Immigration Priority for Immediate Relatives of US Citizens

February 7th, 2014 @ 3:40

Immediate relatives of U.S. citizens have special immigration priority. Belonging to the immediate relative category, they need not wait in line for immigrant visa numbers to become available. Spouses, children and parents of U.S. citizens who belong to this category are not subject to numerical limitations. U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) makes available unlimited […]

Follow to Join Benefits for the Dependents of Green Card Holders

December 6th, 2013 @ 2:26

Follow to join benefits allow the spouses and children of lawful permanent residents of the United States to get green cards at a later time than their spouses or parents did. This benefit is available to the eligible dependents of those who got their green cards based on family sponsorship,  employment or through the diversity […]

US Passport

Useful Tips for Passport Renewal

January 3rd, 2013 @ 4:15

US citizens alone are eligible for US passports. Native American citizens and foreign nationals who obtained US citizenship through the naturalization process, must apply for and obtain US passports to travel abroad. They need not renew any documents that are granted to them as a proof of US citizenship but they need to renew their […]

U.S. Passport as Proof of U.S. Citizenship

March 12th, 2012 @ 20:21

There are many ways to get proof of US citizenship if you are a US citizen. For example, if you have gone through the naturalization process you will typically be provided with a naturalization certificate, which you can use to prove your citizenship. If you were born abroad to US citizen parents or were born […]

US Visas

Step by Step Guide to Getting a B-2 U.S. Visa

August 5th, 2014 @ 3:28

To visit the U.S., a foreign national must obtain a visa. B-2 visa is a tourist visa to U.S. and it is a non-immigrant visa. People traveling to the U.S. temporarily for pleasure, tourism, or medical treatment can get these visas. Following are the steps involved in the process of getting a B-2 visa. Determine […]

Staying Beyond the Authorized Period and Being Out of Status

July 16th, 2014 @ 0:47

Non-immigrants traveling to the U.S. on temporary visas must carefully consider the dates of their authorized stay. The date on which the authorized period of stay will end can be found on the arrival/departure record or it will be stamped on their passports. Staying in the U.S. beyond that date will cause the non-immigrants to […]


What does USCIS Do?

July 15th, 2014 @ 3:35

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) is the immigration agency that secures the country’s promise as a land of immigrants. The agency provides information on immigration and citizenship to its customers. There are 250 USCIS offices located across the globe and the agency consists of 18,000 employees and contractors from those offices. By efficiently adjudicating […]

Know About the J-1 Exchange Visitor Visa

April 25th, 2014 @ 1:54

The J-1 exchange visitor visa program aims at promoting cultural exchange by permitting foreigners to enter the U.S. to study, teach, receive job training or to conduct research. J-1 non-immigrant visas are for foreign nationals who are approved to take part in exchange visitor programs in the U.S. Only those who are sponsored by a […]