B-2 Tourist Visa Application Guide Package
People entering the U.S. first need to get a visa. A visa allows the visa holder to travel to a port of entry in the United States and request the immigration officials permission to enter the country. The visa could be a non-immigrant visa if the person intends to stay in the U.S. temporarily. An immigrant visa is for persons who intend to live and work permanently in the U.S.
The B-2 Tourist Visa is a non-immigrant visa meant for persons entering the U.S. for pleasure or medical treatment. The B-2 visa is commonly referred to as a tourist visa. Persons wanting to enter the U.S. temporarily for business purposes need the B-1 Business Visa. Click here for information about the B-1 Visa.
Persons on a B-2 visa are not allowed to study or work during their stay in the U.S. In certain cases, tourist visa holders can participate in courses which are recreational and not credit based. These courses should be for no longer than 18 hours per week. An example would be a tourist attending a dance workshop for two days while on a visit for purely tourism purposes; no credits are earned and the learning was for recreational purposes.
However, it is always advisable that the person check with their consulate and the school if the visa could be used for such study. Persons traveling to the U.S. to attend courses or conferences and seminars to earn credits towards a degree need student visas.
The B-2 visa category does not have a corresponding dependent visa category. Dependents accompanying B-2 visa holders will have to qualify on their own basis for a B visa. The B-2 visa can be used by dependents of certain other non-immigrant visa holders.
Come to visit the U.S. by getting your temporary visitor visa in a few easy steps
Immigrating to the USA can be a complex issue. In this package we will break down the complexities and explain the procedures. Find the Government forms, requirements and step-by-step instructions that you need to complete your B-2 Tourist Visitor Visa Application. Start today! Order your kit now!
In this package you will find:
- A complete set of forms that you will need to fill out to get your B-2 Tourist Visitor Visa Application.
- Glossary of terms and Abbreviations, for you to perfectly understand what is requested in every single line of the forms.
- How To Establish your Ethnic Background.
- B-2 Tourist Visitor Visa: Descriptions, Visas and the Law.
- Qualifications & Eligibility Requirements: Visa Waiver Pilot Program, Countries not Eligible for a Tourist Visa, Aliens Ineligible to Receive Visas, Visa Ineligibility Waiver.
- Step-by-Step Procedures: Filing, Fees, Completing Application Forms, Affidavit of Support - Form and Samples.
- Supporting Documents: Sample Letter of Invitation for B-2 Tourist Visitor Visa.
- Filing Instructions: Applying for a Visa at the US Consulate and at the Border Post. Border Crossing Card and Border Biometric Program. Laser Visas.
- Consular Interview to get your B-2 Tourist Visitor Visa.
- Dealing with Denials: Resubmitting Applications with Additional Documentation.
- US Port of Entry.
- Special Circumstances and Visa Revalidation.
- Extending Stay/Changing Visa.
- Visa Replacements for Lost/Damaged Visas.
- Checklist for Filing your B-2 Tourist Visitor Visa Application.
- Required Documentation.
- Frequently Asked Questions & Answers Regarding your B-2 Tourist Visitor Visa.
- Document Translations.
- Contact Information for Government Agencies, American Consulates and Embassies.
- Updates regarding B-2 Tourist Visitor Visa.