Prepare Your U.S. Citizenship
Use our step-by-step guide to complete your Form N-400, or US Citizenship application, online. Our easy-to-use form guide will provide you with everything you need to file your application with US Citizenship and Immigration Services (formerly known as the INS).
US Citizenship Application Form N-400 is used for obtaining US citizenship (naturalization). Lawful Permanent Residents (Green Card holders) over the age of 18 who meet the eligibility requirements can apply for US citizenship.
Lawful Permanent residents (Green Card holders) whose Green Card has been valid during the 5 years prior can file for US citizenship. You can follow through the US immigration process to attain citizenship. If you are married to a US citizen, you may apply for US citizenship after 3 years with a valid Green Card. There are exceptions. If an applicant has served in the United States Armed Forces during war, that individual may obtain citizenship without first becoming a permanent resident if he or she was in the United States upon enlistment into the US military. A completed Form N-400 (US Citizenship Application) is the required form; it must be filed along with photos and supporting documents. Becoming a US citizen has many advantages. File today for US Citizenship, and don't wait to process your naturalization and immigration forms.
Advantages of U.S. Citizenship
- Right to vote: The ability to elect the leaders of this nation is an exclusive right of US citizens. Becoming one of them gives you the right to vote in federal elections. Get a voice!
- Reunite your family in the United States: To promote family unity, US citizens and legal residents are allowed to petition for certain qualified relatives to come and live permanently in the United States. Usually, only US citizens get priority when petitioning for loved ones. Bring your family to the US!
- Obtain citizenship for children born abroad: If you are a US citizen and your child was born outside of the country, he or she could become a US citizen automatically.
- Ability to travel freely across US borders: Enjoy all the benefits of overseas travel with a US passport! Get assistance from the US government and feel protected during your trips! Remember that as a US citizen the amount of time you spend outside the country is not restricted. Permanent Residents, on the other hand, may lose their status if they leave the country for a certain period of time.
- Collect benefits: Take advantage of US benefits like social security and Medicare.
- Become a federal employee: To be eligible for most federal jobs you need to be a US citizen. You can apply and enjoy the benefits of being a federal worker!
- Become an elected official: Most elected posts in this country require US citizenship. Get the right to participate!
You decided to commit to the journey of immigration to the USA. Complete it.