US Immigration Update (October 1, 2020): The U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California granted the motion for preliminary injunction temporarily halting the implementation of USCIS final fee rule in its entirety and on a nationwide basis. This means that the new fee increases have been STOPPED, at least for now. We will update this webpage with information and guidance on further developments. Please check back frequently.

What happens next?
The Government (USCIS) will likely appeal to the 9th Circuit court to get the fee increases pushed through. However, no one knows when the appeal will happen or what the result of the appeal will be.

What does this mean for you?
No one knows if or when the new fees will be made effective, but as long as the injunction is in place the USCIS cannot raise fees. Taking into consideration that fees could go up for many applications at any time, it's generally a good idea to prepare & file your Green Card or Citizenship applications sooner rather than later.

See the chart below to see the differences in the current vs new fees.

Current vs New Fee Increases

Form #Immigration ApplicationCurrent FeesNew FeesExtra Fees% Increase
N-400U.S. Citizenship$640$1,170$530+83%
I-130/I-485Family Green Cards$1,760$2,860$1,100+62%
I-751Petition to Remove Conditions$595$760$165+28%
I-765Employment Authorization (EAD) - (Non-DACA)$410$550$140+34%


I-918, Petition for U Nonimmigrant Status

  • File your case with the latest and updated Immigration forms
  • Avoid delays or even denials by using the right Immigration forms
  • Download now your Immigration form in PDF format. It's that easy, and it's free!
  • Secure Download (All information protected)
  • Read below to find more information about the form you have selected
I-918, Petition for U Nonimmigrant Status

I-918, Petition for U Nonimmigrant Status

In some unfortunate cases, immigrants are the victims of crime and for many reasons may feel uncomfortable pursuing criminals in court or even reporting the crime. The US has made it easier for immigrants to report such crimes by providing a temporary immigrant status known as "U" status. Even undocumented immigrants may qualify for this type of immigrant status, which is intended to encourage all immigrants to report crime and to help police solve serious crimes. To apply for U nonimmigrant status, you must be the victim of a qualifying crime and you must file USCIS Form I-918 (Petition for U Nonimmigrant Status). Qualifying family members of such victims of crime may also be eligible for U nonimmigrant status.