US Immigration Update (October 1, 2020): The U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California granted the motion for preliminary injunction temporarily halting the implementation of USCIS final fee rule in its entirety and on a nationwide basis. This means that the new fee increases have been STOPPED, at least for now. We will update this webpage with information and guidance on further developments. Please check back frequently.

What happens next?
The Government (USCIS) will likely appeal to the 9th Circuit court to get the fee increases pushed through. However, no one knows when the appeal will happen or what the result of the appeal will be.

What does this mean for you?
No one knows if or when the new fees will be made effective, but as long as the injunction is in place the USCIS cannot raise fees. Taking into consideration that fees could go up for many applications at any time, it's generally a good idea to prepare & file your Green Card or Citizenship applications sooner rather than later.

See the chart below to see the differences in the current vs new fees.

Current vs New Fee Increases

Form #Immigration ApplicationCurrent FeesNew FeesExtra Fees% Increase
N-400U.S. Citizenship$640$1,170$530+83%
I-130/I-485Family Green Cards$1,760$2,860$1,100+62%
I-751Petition to Remove Conditions$595$760$165+28%
I-765Employment Authorization (EAD) - (Non-DACA)$410$550$140+34%


N-426, Request for Certification of Military or Naval Service

  • File your case with the latest and updated Immigration forms
  • Avoid delays or even denials by using the right Immigration forms
  • Download now your Immigration form in PDF format. It's that easy, and it's free!
  • Secure Download (All information protected)
  • Read below to find more information about the form you have selected
N-426, Request for Certification of Military or Naval Service

N-426, Request for Certification of Military or Naval Service

If you are applying for US citizenship and have naval or military service in the US, you must ask the Department of Defense to verify your service in the Armed Forces. You must do this by filing USCIS Form N-426 (Request for Certification of Military or Naval Service). You will generally need to file this form if a USCIS office request it. In that case, send the form to that office making the request. If you are applying for naturalization under Section 328/329 of the Immigration and Nationality Act, you may additionally need to submit Form N-400 and Form G-325B when applying for citizenship. To learn more about US citizenship for members of the Armed Forces, review M-599 (Naturalization Information for Military Personnel).