| American Immigration Center is not owned, affiliated or operated by the US government or any state agency.

Green Card

Green Card Renewal Denial Reasons

Permanent Resident Cards have expiration dates. Permanent residents whose Green Card will expire must file either Form I-90, Application to Replace Permanent Resident Card. Permanent residents use this form to renew a standard, 10-year Green Card up to six months before their card expires. Form I-751, Petition to Remove the Conditions on Permanent Residence. Conditional …

Green Card Renewal Denial ReasonsRead More »

Can I Apply for Citizenship with an Expired Green Card?

Applying for U.S. citizenship without renewing your green card may not necessarily disqualify your U.S. citizenship. However, the safest choice may be to apply for green card renewal with Form I-90 before you apply for citizenship. U.S. law states that if you are a permanent resident who is 18 years or older, you must have …

Can I Apply for Citizenship with an Expired Green Card?Read More »