B-1 Business Visa Application Guide Package
B-1 Business Visa is a non-immigrant visa for temporary visitors to the U.S. who are coming for business purposes. An immigrant visa is for permanent residency in the U.S. A business visa which is also generally referred to as a visitor visa is valid for a few months or up to a year depending on whether the applicant is granted a single-entry or multiple-entry visa.
The B-1 business visa is for persons entering the U.S. temporarily for business activities like meetings, conferences, consultations and negotiations. They cannot work while they are in the U.S. nor can they be paid by a source in the U.S. People intending to work in the U.S. need to go in for work visas like H-1, H-2, L-1 or other visas. People entering the U.S. for pleasure, tourism or medical treatment need a B-2 Tourist Visa.
The B-1 visa category does not have a corresponding dependent visa category. Dependents accompanying B-1 visa holders will have to qualify on their own basis for a B visa. There are limited instances when a B-1 visa can be used in lieu of an H-1B visa. This is applicable only when the beneficiary is entering the U.S. as an employee of a foreign entity to offer services in the U.S. This person has to be paid by the foreign employer and is allowed to receive only expense allowances or other reimbursement from a U.S. entity for expenses incurred during his/her temporary stay in the U.S.
Getting a B-1 business visa involves careful preparation of an error free application. The application maybe approved immediately, but it could be a few days or weeks before the visa is received. The visa gives you permission to appear at a Port of Entry. Here a CBP official will determine the duration of your stay in the U.S. and the date will be stamped on your I-94 card which will be placed in your passport. You must leave the U.S. on or before that date.
Coming to the U.S. for business? Get your temporary visitor visa in a few easy steps!
Entering the United States can be a complex issue. In this package we will break down the complexities and explain the procedures. Find the Government forms, requirements and step-by-step instructions that you need to complete your B -1 Business Visitor Visa Application. Start today! Order your kit now!
In this package you will find:
- A complete set of forms that you will need to fill out to get your B -1 Business Visitor Visa Application.
- Glossary of Terms and Abbreviations, for you to perfectly understand what is requested in every single line of the forms.
- How to Establish your Ethnic Background.
- B-1 Business Visa or B-2 Tourist Visa: Descriptions, Visas and the Law.
- Qualifications & Eligibility Requirements: Visa Waiver Pilot Program, Countries not Eligible for a Tourist Visa, Aliens Ineligible to Receive Visas, Visa Ineligibility Waiver.
- Step-by-Step Procedures: Filing, Fees, Completing Application Forms, Affidavit of Support - Form and Samples.
- Supporting Documents: Sample Letter of Invitation for B -1 Business Visitor Visa Application.
- Filing Instructions: Applying for a Visa at the US Consulate and at the Border Post. Border Crossing Card and Border Biometric Program. Laser Visas.
- Consular Interview to Get your B -1 Business Visitor Visa Application.
- Dealing with Denials: Resubmitting Applications with Additional Documentation.
- US Port of Entry.
- Special Circumstances and Visa Revalidation.
- Extending Stay/Changing Visa.
- Visa Replacements for Lost/Damaged Visas.
- Checklist for Filing B -1 Business Visitor Visa Application.
- Required Documentation.
- Frequently Asked Questions & Answers Regarding B -1 Business Visitor Visa Application.
- Document Translations.
- Contact Information for Government Agencies and American Consulates and Embassies.
- Updates Regarding B -1 Business Visitor Visa Application.