Here is the recipe for delicious Mexican flan, a creamy custard dessert that everyone will love.
3 large eggs
1 ½ cups sweetened condensed milk
1 cup evaporated milk
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 ½ cups white sugar
- In a medium saucepan, melt ½ of the sugar over low heat until liquefied.
- Turn off heat and spoon 1 tablespoon of caramel into each custard cup or the mould. Tilt the cups to coat the sides and the bottom of the cups evenly. Set the cups aside.
- Combine evaporated milk and sweetened condensed milk in a saucepan and heat over medium heat. Add vanilla extract to it and remove from heat.
- Whisk together the remaining sugar and eggs.
- Add warm milk to the egg mixture and mix well.
- Pour this mixture into the custard cups coated with caramel.
- Place the custard cups in a baking pan and bake in a preheated oven for around 20 to 40 minutes.
- Remove the cups from the oven. (To check if the flan is baked, insert a knife near the center. If the knife doesn’t come out clean, the flan needs to be in the oven for some more time.)
- To serve, invert each cup onto a small plate so that the flan drops out of the cup.
- Spoon the caramel sauce over flan and serve.
Keep track of our immigration blog for more recipes.