Form I-129F Filing fee (Updated 2019)

Form I-129F, Petition for Alien Fiancé(e), is used to apply for a K-1, K-2, K-3 or a K-4 visaThe filing fee for Form I-129F is $535.

K-1 visas are for the fiancé(e)s of U.S. citizens. U.S. citizens can apply for K-1 fiancé(e) visas for their fiancé(e)s who they plan to get married to in the U.S. They can file Form I-129F to get a K-2 visa for the child of the K-1 visa beneficiary.

U.S. citizens can apply K-3 visas for their husband or wife who are awaiting the availability of immigrant visas. This applies to those for whom Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative has been filed. K-4 visas are for the dependent children of K-3 visa beneficiaries. U.S. citizens can bring their husband or wife and their children to the U.S. while they wait for their immigrant visas and they can apply for adjustment of status in the U.S. to get lawful permanent resident status.

U.S. citizens filing the form for their husband or wife need not pay the form filing fee if they are filing based on a pending Form I-130. This is applicable if the immigrant petition was filed by the same U.S. citizen who is filing the I-129F application.

There is no fee for biometrics services for Form I-129F. However, if the applicants are required to submit biometrics, they will receive a letter from U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services with information on the fees and the location where they will need to appear to submit biometrics information.