How to an Obtain Investment Visa for the U.S.

How to an Obtain Investment Visa for the U.S.

The E-1 visa (Treaty Trader visa) and the E-2 Treaty Investor visa are two types of investment visas which allow nationals to enter the US in order to invest in the US and its economy. The E-1 visa and E-2 visa allow the holder to work and live in the US for a specific period of time. In fact, the two visas are very similar and mostly differ in how much capital is needed to qualify. Both investment visas must be renewed every other year, but investors can keep renewing over a long period of time.

It is important to keep in mind, before filling out an investment visa application, that these US Visas are available to treaty nations and only to investors who make a contribution to the US economy. A very small start-up requiring almost no capital or a single small store are not usually considered adequate for an E-1 visa or an E-2 visa.

For an E-2 investment visa, investors are usually expected to contribute an investment of more than $50 000, although the actual amount will depend upon the type of business and upon whether the business is new or existing. In some cases, investors have successfully applied with smaller investments. However, it is also important to keep in mind that only expenses used directly on an investment are counted towards the final amount. The investment also needs to be large enough to cover the costs of the business. The USCIS determines the size of the appropriate investment by using an “”Inverted Sliding Scale.”” This scale helps the USCIS determine whether the costs of the business match the investment being made.

Once the business is concluded in the US, E-1 and E-2 visa holders must return to their home country. However, investors can spend substantial amounts of time in the US, as most businesses require many years of work. There is no firm limit on the number of years an investment can stay in the US. As well, E-2 visa holders can travel outside of the US and return again on their visa, provided that they do not leave the country for extended periods of time. E-2 visa holders can also bring their dependants, and spouses of E-2 visa holders can file Form I-765 (Application for Employment Authorization) in order to gain authorization to work and live in the US.

In order to apply for an E-1 visa or E-2 visa, applicants will need to apply with a consulate. Each applicant will need to pay for a border crossing card and will need to pay the filing fee when filing the Nonimmigrant Visa Electronic Application (Form DS-160) and Application DS-156E. All males applying for an E-1 or E-2 visa will also need to file DS-157 if they are between the ages of 16 and 45.