Deferred Action – Supporting Documents

Deferred Action – Supporting DocumentsIf you are an going to file a request under the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) process, it is mandatory to submit supporting documents along with your application. These supporting documents are needed to prove that you are eligible to receive deferred action. Copies of the required documents must be sent along with the completely filled and signed, Form I-821D, Form I-765 and Form I-765WS. It is enough to send photocopies of the documents. USCIS may request original documents, if needed.

  • To establish your identity and as a proof of your age, you may submit copies of your passport, birth certificate, an ID issued by the state, school ID or military ID with your photograph, driver’s license or any other relevant document with your photograph and date of birth.
  • It is mandatory to prove that you entered the United States when you were not more than 16 years of age. To prove that, you may submit copies of your passport with a stamp, Form I-94 that was issued to you when you entered the United States, airline or travel tickets and hospital or school records.
  • Undocumented immigrants who were present on June 15th, 2012, alone may file an application requesting deferred action. Hence, to establish that you were physically present on that day, you may provide copies of your utility bills, rent receipts, money order receipts, bank transactions, rental agreements, deeds, contracts, insurance policies or other documents that show that you were in the United States on 15th June.
  • An individual who is presently in school or a high school graduate may apply for deferred action and hence to prove your education, you may submit copies of your school transcripts or report cards, if you are currently in school. If you are a graduate, you can provide copies of your certificate of completion or your GED certificate.
  • If you are a person who was honorably discharged from the US armed forces or the US Coast Guard, you may send copies of Form DD-214, Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty or other military records.

Apart from these documents, you may submit other documents which you feel are relevant to establish that you meet the key criteria. Make sure that you do not leave any column blank in your forms. Forms I-821D, I-765, I-765WS, should be filled completely and the initial evidence must be mailed along with these USCIS forms. Don’t forget to send the filing fee of $465 along with your petition to request deferred action.