Chorizo and Potato Quiche
Chorizo and Potato Quiche is a super simple dish that is perfect for all occasions. These bites are packed with potatoes and chorizo.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 peeled and diced russet potatoes
- ¼ cup chopped green onions
- 2/3 cup grated cheese
- 4 ounces Spanish chorizo sausage, diced
- 8 large eggs, beaten
- cayenne pepper
- salt and black pepper
- Cook diced potatoes for around 15 minutes in water.
- Saute diced chorizo with olive oil in a pan for three or four minutes.
- Add cooked potatoes and onions to it. While stirring the mixture, add salt and black pepper.
- Turn off heat after potatoes turn a little brown. Transfer the cooked potatoes and chorizo on to a paper towel to absorb excess oil and to cool down.
(Fresh broccolini and mushrooms can also be used along with potatoes. Similarly, chorizo can be replaced with soy chorizo, vegetarian-friendly version of chorizo sausage.)
- Grate the cheese. Use Manchego, Mexican, cheddar or Swizz cheese.
- Add a pinch of cayenne and salt to whole eggs in a bowl. Give the eggs a thorough beating so that the eggs are completely liquefied.
- Lightly coat the mini-muffin cups with non-stick vegetable oil.
- Put a pinch of grated cheese at the bottom of each muffin cup, may be half a teaspoon. Make sure not to put too much.
- Fill the muffin cups with cooled potato chorizo mixture. Don’t pack the cups with the mixture; fill only ¾ of the cups.
- Fill the top of the muffin cups evenly with egg mixture. Remember not to fill till the top to prevent overflowing. Shake the muffin cups a little to remove air bubbles and for the egg mixture to mix with the potato chorizo mixture.
- Top the mixture will a little bit of grated cheese.
- Place the muffin cups in an oven preheated to 350 degrees F. The cups should be left in the oven for around 15 to 20 minutes. Check if the quiches are baked by inserting a knife into the center of a quiche. If the knife comes out clean, the muffin tray can be removed from the oven. If not, it can be left in the oven for few more minutes.
- Let the quiches cool for few minutes. After it cools down, pop the quiches out of the cups and transfer to a serving tray.
- Garnish the chorizo and potato quiche with garlic aioli and fresh chive and serve.
This chorizo and potato quiche is easy to make and is worth trying! The best thing about it is that the quiche can be frozen and reheated.
Keep track of our immigration blog for more recipes.