Here’s the recipe for authentic Mexican Chicken Tortilla Soup. This soup is easy to make and it would take just around 30 minutes to make the soup.
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 4 corn tortillas
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 4 tomatoes, diced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 jalapeño
- 1 cup thinly sliced onion
- 1 tbsp cumin
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- shredded chicken
- 200g crumbled feta
- Start with preheating the oven to 375 degrees. Slice tortillas and lay them on a baking sheet. Toss with olive oil and cook for 15 minutes until tortillas turn crispy.
- Remove the core from the jalapeño and chop it finely. Heat remaining olive oil in a pan and cook chopped jalapeño and onions until soft.
- In a separate pot, cook diced tomatoes and tomato paste for two to three minutes. Add chicken broth to it and bring to a boil.
- Divide shredded chicken, cilantro, and onions among six bowls.
- Top the bowls with broth, crispy tortilla strips, freshly diced avocado, feta and chopped coriander leaves. Serve with lime wedges.
Keep track of our immigration blog for more recipes.