Form N-565 Filing Fee (Updated 2019)

Form N-565, Application for Replacement Naturalization/Citizenship Document, is filed with U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) to get a lost naturalization or a citizenship certificate replaced. Those who have lost their Declaration of Intention, Repatriation Certificates or wish to apply for a special certificate of naturalization, also can file this form.

This form can be filed for the following six reasons.

  1. To get a lost, stolen, mutilated or destroyed Certificate of Naturalization, Certificate of Citizenship, Declaration of Intention, or Repatriation Certificate, replaced.
  2. To correct typographical or clerical error by USCIS on a Certificate of Naturalization, Certificate of Citizenship or Declaration or Repatriation Certificate.
  3. Those whose names have been changed after marriage or by court order, can file this form to get a new document in their new name.
  4.  To change date of birth in a Certificate of Citizenship. This applies if the applicant received their citizenship certificate and then obtained a court order or a state-issued document with a different date of birth. They can file Form N-565 if they seek a new citizenship certificate with the new date of birth.
  5. To change gender in a Certificate of Citizenship or a Certificate of Naturalization. This can be done if their gender change is legally recognized through a court order, a medical certificate or a government-issued document.
  6. To get a special naturalization certificate for a foreign country to recognize the applicant as a U.S. citizen. This applies to naturalized U.S. citizens.

The form filing fee for the naturalization or citizenship certificate replacement application, Form N-565, is $555.