C-1 Transit Visa Application

Traveling through the United States on your way to another country? If your country of nationality is not a part of the Visa Waiver Program (VWP) then you need a C-1 or C-2 Transit Visa.

Who Needs a Transit Visa?

C-1 Visa: If traveling on a vessel such as a cruise ship that makes port in the U.S., even if you do not plan to land in the U.S. (leave the vessel).

C-1 Visa: A member of a crew that will travel to the U.S> as a passenger in order to join hes.her shop or aircraft.

C-2 Visa: If traveling in immediate and continuous transit through the U.S> to or from the United Nations Headquarters District, under provisions of the Headquarters agreement with the United Nations, would require a diplomatic transit (C-2) visa and have certain restrictions on travel within the U.S.*

*Source: http://travel.state.gov/visa/temp/types/types_4383.html

Transit Visa Application

  1. File Form DS-160, Online Nonimmigrant Visa Electronic Application.
  2. Acquire a valid passport with an expiration date at least six months past your intended period of stay.
  3. Acquire a 2×2 photograph that meets the Department of State specifications.
  4. Pay all required fees.
  5. Attend your visa interview.