USCIS has Revised Form I-129F, Petition for Alien Fiancé(e)

USCIS has now revised Form I-129F, Petition for Alien Fiancé(e). US citizens can bring their fiancé(e)s and their spouses to the United States. They can get married to their fiancé(e)s in the United States and to bring them to the United States, US citizens must sponsor them by filing Form I-129F. US citizens can also file this form to sponsor the children of their fiancé(e)s or their spouses. Applicants can bring those children to America to complete processing for lawful permanent resident status.

This form has now been revised by the USCIS and the applicants can start filing the revised edition of the form dated 06/13/13. USCIS has revised the form to clarify language in some areas and has converted the form to a single column format. New data fields have been added to the form for information on passport and travel documents. This information will help the USCIS to verify the status of the applicants, while adjudicating Form I-129F. Likewise, CBP is in the process of automating Form I-94, Arrival/Departure Record.

Though the USCIS has revised Form I-129F, applicants can continue to file the older editions of the form dated 06/22/12, 11/23/10, 06/14/10, and 02/19/10, until 16th, September, 2013. No previous versions of the form will be accepted by the USCIS after that date. USCIS has only changed the format of the form but has not made changes to the form filing fee. Applicants must pay the required form filing fee of $535 along with the petition for alien fiancé(e) and these petitions must be filed at the USCIS Dallas Lockbox facility.

US citizens who seek to sponsor their fiancé(e)s or spouses, must see to it that they are filing the current edition of the form. Similarly, applicants will have to keep in mind that the USCIS will only accept the edition of Form I-129F dated 06/13/13, after September 16, 2013.