How to Replace an Arrival-Departure Record Using Form I-102

A Nonimmigrant Arrival-Departure Record, an Arrival-Departure Record (CBP Form I-94) or a Crewman Landing Permit (CBP Form I-95) is an important document, allowing people from outside the US to enter the country. CBP Form I-94 shows when you entered the US, your type of admission, and your admission expiry date. You must keep your arrival-departure record with you at all times, to show that you are authorized to remain in the US.

If your record is lost, stolen, or damaged, you will need to replace the Nonimmigrant Arrival-Departure Record, Arrival-Departure Record (CBP Form I-94) or Crewman Landing Permit (CBP Form I-95). Failure to do so can affect your ability to remain in the US. If you have lost or otherwise need to replace a Crewman’s Landing Permit (CBP Form I-95) or an Arrival-Departure Record (CBP Form I-94), you will need to complete and file USCIS Immigration Form I-102 (Application for Replacement/Initial Nonimmigrant Arrival-Departure Record).

You can download USCIS Form I-102 from the USCIS website, along with instructions for completing the form. It is important to file Form I102 at the correct location. You will need to file at the USCIS office which has jurisdiction over the area where you are currently located in the US. Filing immigration form I 102 with the wrong office can delay your replacement Arrival-Departure Record.

Along with USCIS Form I-102, you will need to send in a copy of your original form I-94 or I-95. For this reason, it is a good idea to keep a good-quality photocopy of your Arrival-Departure Record in a safe place. If you do not have a copy of your Arrival-Departure Record I-94 or I-95, you will need to send a copy of two pages of your passport – the photo page which contains your personal information and the page which was stamped by authorities when you entered the US. If you have lost your passport as well or have had it stolen, you will need to prove your identity and provide an explanation along with your Application for Replacement/Initial Nonimmigrant Arrival/Departure Record.

If you notice an error in your Arrival-Departure record, do not submit form I-102. Instead, contact U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) at your location in order to have the error fixed. If possible, look closely at your Arrival-Departure record before you leave your port of entry. This way, you can simply retrace your steps and speak to the border authority who has stamped your passport and your record. If you only notice an error later, you will need to talk to U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) at your location and submit proof of the error. For example, if your name has been misspelled on your Arrival-Departure Record, you will need to submit official documentation, showing the correct spelling of your name.