USCIS Announces that New Immigration Forms Data is Available
The USCIS (U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services) has recently released new data reports, with information about the USCIS agency and its performance. The reports are part of the effort by the USCIS to be more transparent and to help the public understand the work of the agency. The USCIS has reiterated its commitment to public communication and transparency often in the past year, and this latest effort is part of that larger goal. This is the first time the USCIS has made performance data available for several key areas of the USCIS’s work.
The new data about USCIS forms, immigration forms, and other areas of USCIS work, is available at a new USCIS website, at www.uscis.gov/data. Currently, ten data reports are available. Four of the data reports – including data for immigration form N-400 (Application for Naturalization), USCIS Form I-485 (Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status), immigration form I-914 (Application for T Nonimmigrant Status), and data for USCIS Form I-918 (Petition for U Nonimmigrant Status) – will now be updated each month by the USCIS.
Some of the data on the website will be updated four times a year (every quarter). As well, the USCIS will add more data reports and data sets in the upcoming months and years. Currently, the data on the page includes:
- A report about I-485 (Adjustment of Status) performance data.
- N-600 (application for certificates of citizenship) quarterly performance data.
- N-644 (posthumous citizenship application) quarterly performance data
- I-129 H2A Performance Data by State and Company
- I-130 (alien relative petition) Performance Data Report.
- N-400 (Naturalization Application) Average Cycle Times Data Set
- N-400 (Naturalization Application) Performance Data Report
- I-914 (T) and I-918 (U) Visa Statistics
- I-914 (T) and I-918 (U) Visa Quarterly Statistics
- All USCIS Application and Petition Form Types Performance Data
These reports contains data about the number of immigration forms filed, the number of USCIS forms approved and denied, the number of pending cases, and other relevant information. The “”All USCIS Application and Petition Form Types Performance Data”” report gives information and data on all USCIS forms while most reports and data sets on the site deal with the performance information for specific immigration forms. All the reports and data about the immigration forms are published on the USCIS website and can be downloaded by anyone, including members of the public, at any time. The information will likely be of interest to journalists, students, and immigrants who are interested in getting more information about the USCIS and its work.