People who have filed immigration or naturalization forms with U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), can make use of the InfoPass to inquire about their immigration cases.
USCIS allows the customers to check the status of their cases online. In case the applicants have urgent needs or questions about their pending cases, they can schedule appointments with immigration officers using USCIS InfoPass.
InfoPass appointments can be made over the internet. USCIS customers can select from one of the 12 languages and they will need to answer few simple questions before their appointment can be scheduled.
At times, applicants will need to wait for several weeks for appointments. If appointments are not available, they will need to keep checking and schedule on as soon as it becomes available. Once scheduled, they will need to print the appointment notice. This notice should be brought to the InfoPass appointment. Applicants will also need to carry with them few other documents, like their passports or some other photo identification document and copies of all immigration papers, receipt and approval notices or denial letters, etc., to the appointment.
Steps to making an InfoPass immigration appointment:
- Go to USCIS website and click on “Make an Appointment”.
- Select one from the 12 available languages.
- Enter a U.S. zip code if residing in the country. If abroad, choose the current country of residence.
- Select the type of service required.
- Provide the requested personal information, including name, date of birth, telephone number, Alien Registration Number and application receipt number.
- Verify the personal information.
- Choose a convenient appointment time from the options generated by InfoPass.
- Review the information provided and make changes if necessary.
- Verify information on the appointment confirmation screen. Print that page and note the confirmation number and PIN found on the page. The confirmation number and PIN need to be used to reschedule or cancel appointments.